Medal; Order of the Precious Crown, ButterflyNov. 1950
5 in. x 4 1/2 in. x 1/2 in. (12.7 cm x 11.43 cm x 1.27 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- medals - Small pieces of metal, usually gold, silver, or bronze and bearing a relief design on one or both sides and having a commemorative purpose; resembling a coin, but not used as a medium of exchange.
- metal - Any of a large group of substances that typically show a characteristic luster, are good conductors of electricity and heat, are opaque, can be fused, and are usually malleable or ductile.
- textiles - General term for carpets, fabrics, costume, or other works made of textile materials, which are natural or synthetic fibers created by weaving, felting, knotting, twining, or otherwise processing. For works of art or high craft that employ textile as a medium, prefer "textile art (visual works)."
- The Way of Tea--A Taste of Japanese Art: Gifts from the Imperial Family Bryn Mawr College , May 11, 2007 – Aug 15, 2007
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Elizabeth Gray Vining Collection".View current selection of records as: