Miniature Vase Set
1 1/2 in. x 1 in. (3.81 cm x 2.54 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- ceramic ware - Visual works made of ceramic, especially art works in the form of sculptures, vessels, and other decorative and utilitarian objects made of bone china, porcelain, or stoneware. For the general classification of anything made of ceramic, use "ceramic (object genre)."
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- miniature - Use to describe objects and beings of a reduced size or scale compared to the average or normal range for its kind.
- vases - Vessels of varying shape and size but which are usually taller than they are wide, varying greatly in actual form and use. In modern usage, typically refers to vessels for displaying flowers. When referring to ancient art, often refers to any ceramic or metal vessel in a range of shapes and used to hold liquids, grain, or another substance.
- A Curious Group; a cabinet of curiosities Bryn Mawr College , Apr 4, 2014 – Jun 30, 2014
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
and Nathanael Roesch.
A Curious Group.
Bryn Mawr College.
Bryn Mawr, PA, April 4–June 1, 2014
Figure Number: China Cabinet 3
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Elizabeth Gray Vining Collection".View current selection of records as: