Dancer Doing the Lion Danceca. 1950
Textile, wood, and glass
22 in. x 16 in. x 1 1/2 in. (55.88 cm x 40.64 cm x 3.81 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2005.6.57
Geography: Asia, Japan
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts
Collection: Elizabeth Gray Vining '23 Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- dancers - Those who engage in the activity of dancing or who practice the art of dance, especially as a profession.
- emakimono - Japanese handscrolls, containing text, artwork, or both, and are displayed horizontally.
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- performing artists - People who practice the performing arts, such as such as singers, actors, dancers, acrobats, magicians, circus performers, comedians, etc. For persons who make performance art, considered a fine art and often seen in a museum, see "performance artists."
- textiles - General term for carpets, fabrics, costume, or other works made of textile materials, which are natural or synthetic fibers created by weaving, felting, knotting, twining, or otherwise processing. For works of art or high craft that employ textile as a medium, prefer "textile art (visual works)."
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Elizabeth Gray Vining Collection".View current selection of records as: