BowlEarly Intermediate Period
430 - 610
4 1/2 in. x 5 5/16 in. x 5 5/16 in. (11.5 cm x 13.5 cm x 13.5 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 69.1.269
Other Number(s): B1 (Canaday No.)
Geography: South America, Peru
Classification: Containers and Vessels; Vessels; Bowls
Culture/Nationality: Nasca, Peruvian, South American
Collection: Ward M. Canaday Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- bowls - Rounded, cuplike, hollow parts of objects, such as the body of a stemmed vessel or the part of a pipe in which tobacco is burned.
- bowls - Rounded vessels that are generally wider than they are high, usually hemispherical or nearly so. A bowl may have a spreading base or foot ring and sometimes two handles or a cover. Distinguished from a cup, which is rather deep than wide.
- Peruvian - Of or belonging to the nation of Peru or its people.
- vessels - Containers designed to serve as receptacles for a liquid or other substance, usually those of circular section and made of some durable material; especially containers of this nature in domestic use, employed in connection with the preparation or serving of food or drink, and usually of a size suitable for carrying by hand.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Comparanda ListThe following Comparanda exist for this object:
- "Florida State University Musem of Fine Arts: Collections." (Accessed August 14, 2020): Florida State University of Fine Arts, https://mofa.fsu.edu/learning-resources/collections/. Accession No.: 249-RA.
Related Bibliography ListThe following Related Bibliography exist for this object:
- George B. Martin-Vegue, "Nazca Pottery at Florida State University." American Journal of Archaeology 53, no. 4 (October 1949 - December 1949): 345-354.
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Featured Nasca Pottery".View current selection of records as: