Portraits of Bryn Mawr Presidents
|Showing 1 of 1||
(active ) Primary
Harris Llewellyn Wofford, Jr.1978
50.25 x 38.25 x 3.5 in. (127.635 x 97.155 x 8.89 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- canvas - Closely woven textile made in various weights, usually of flax, hemp, jute, or cotton, used especially for sails, tarpaulins, awnings, upholstery, bags, and as a support for oil painting.
- oil paint - A paint made by grinding pigments with a drying oil such as linseed oil. After 1940 alkyd binders were often added to oil paint to provide faster drying times.
- oil paintings - Creative works in the medium of oil paint.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- presidents - Appointed or elected heads of groups, states, or organizations. Included are elected officials serving as both chief of state and chief political executive in a republic having a presidential government. Also included are the heads of organizations such as banks, clubs, and corporations when used as the official job title for those positions.
- Framed Dimensions: 50.25 x 38.25 x 3.5 in. (127.635 x 97.155 x 8.89 cm)
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
- Talia Shiroma, "Friends of the Library Interns, 2017." Mirabile Dictu: The Bryn Mawr College Library Newsletter 20 (Fall 2017):
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Portraits of Bryn Mawr Presidents" and [Object]Display Artist is "Marilyn Conover".View current selection of records as: