height to rim; width at widest
11 7/16 in. x 15 3/16 in. (29 cm x 38.5 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- coiling - Pottery technique in which the piece is built up from ropelike coils of clay, without the use of a potter's wheel.
- Native American - Typically reserved to refer narrowly to the cultures of the native peoples of the United States and Canada, excluding the Eskimos and Aleuts. For the indigenous peoples of Canada use the term "First Nations." For the broader concept of the cultures of any native peoples of Central America, South America, North America, or the West Indies who are considered to belong to the Mongoloid division of the human species, use "Amerindian (culture)."
- ollas - Large, bulbous, usually wide-mouthed earthenware or woven vessels used for holding water or food or for cooking; may have handles.
- Southwestern Native American - Styles and cultures Southwestern Native America.
- height to rim; width at widest Dimensions: 11 7/16 x 15 3/16 in. (29 x 38.5 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Featured Native American Pottery".View current selection of records as: