Old Master Era and Related Prints
|Showing 1 of 1||
(1626 - 1693 (after)) Primary
David Klöcker Ehrenstrahl
German (1628 - 1698) Drawer
Samuel Pufendorf17th century
12 5/16 in. x 8 3/4 in. (31.2 cm x 22.3 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- jurists - Those versed in the law, such as scholars, professors, writers, or practitioners.
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- philosophers - Refers to those deeply versed in philosophy, especially those who create or develop views or theories on philosophical questions.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- statesmen - People who are experienced in the art of government or versed in the administration of government affairs.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Old Master Era and Related Prints" and [Object]Country of Creation is "Possibly Netherlands".View current selection of records as: