- People who produce work in the visual arts. For those in the performing arts, see "performing artists."
- Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- Refers in general to cultures that have occupied the same area as the modern nation of the Netherlands in northwestern Europe along the North Sea, as well as the territory extending through medieval Flanders, which is the area of modern Belgium and part of France. For the culture of the modern nation of the Netherlands, prefer "Dutch (culture)," although usage overlaps.
- Works in which someone produces a likeness of himself or herself.
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 4 5/16 x 3 11/16 in. (11 x 9.3 cm)
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: