Old Master Era and Related Prints
|Showing 1 of 1||
Italian (1663 (before) - 1687) Primary
Italian (1581 - 1641) Painter
Santa Cecilia Refusing to Obey the Prefect of Rome17th century
9 in. x 14 3/4 in. (22.86 cm x 37.47 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Christianity - Refers to the world religion and culture that developed in the first century CE, driven by the teachings of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Its roots are in the Judaic tradition and the Old Testament. The tenets include a belief in the death and redemptive resurrection of Jesus. The religion incorporates a tradition of faith, ritual, and a form of church authority or leadership.
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- Italian - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Italy, or in general to cultures that have occupied the boot-shaped Italian peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea.
- religion and mythology
- saints - People recognized by others as holy persons; in various religions, the dead who are believed to be in Heaven. In the Roman and Eastern Catholic churches, people who are formally recognized by the Church as having had exceptional holiness of life and therefore an exalted station in heaven, and who have often been formally canonized.
- Sheet Dimensions: 9 x 14 3/4 in. (22.86 x 37.465 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Old Master Era and Related Prints" and [Object]Display Artist is "Francesco Rosa".View current selection of records as: