- Strong vehicles, having two or sometimes three wheels and without springs. Usually animal-drawn and built for utility purposes, used in farming operations, and for carrying heavy goods. Some varieties were designed as sporting vehicles or for personal transportation. For utility vehicles having four wheels, use "wagons."
- Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- In ancient Roman settlements, open spaces used as marketplaces or general public meeting places and places for judicial and public business. For similar spaces in ancient Greek settlements, use "agoras."
- Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Italy, or in general to cultures that have occupied the boot-shaped Italian peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea.
- The remains of buildings or groups of buildings that have been destroyed or are in a state of great disrepair or decay.
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 18 3/4 x 27 11/16 in. (47.7 x 70.4 cm)
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: