Old Master Era and Related Prints
|Showing 1 of 1||
Jacques Nicolas Tardieu
French (active Paris, France, 1716 - 1791, Paris, France) Primary
Robert Le Lorrain1749
14 1/16 in. x 9 5/8 in. (35.7 cm x 24.5 cm)
Gift of Abby A. K. Turner Van Pelt Griscom, Class of 1952, Katherine Drexel Van Pelt Beaver, and Charles B. P. Van Pelt
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: VP.674
Geography: Europe, France
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
Collection: Drexel–Van Pelt Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- French - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of France, or in general to cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in western Europe.
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- sculptors - Artists who specialize in creating images and forms that are carried out primarily in three dimensions, generally of large or medium size, and in the media of stone, wood, or metal. It may also refer to artists who create relief or intaglio works. For artists who create small works, or for craftsmen who carve three dimensional forms that are not considered art, use "carvers."
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Old Master Era and Related Prints" and [Object]Display Artist is "Jacques Nicolas Tardieu".View current selection of records as: