Jean Joseph Balechou
French (1719 - 1764) Primary
French (Avignon, 1714 - 1789, Paris) Secondary
Landscape with a Marine Scene18th century
19.125 x 23.75 in. (48.578 x 60.325 cm)
Gift of Abby A. K. Turner Van Pelt Griscom, Class of 1952, Katherine Drexel Van Pelt Beaver, and Charles B. P. Van Pelt
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: VP.249
Geography: Europe, France
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
Collection: Drexel–Van Pelt Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- bathers - People washing themselves with water, or immersed in water. For people actively propelling themselves through the water by natural means, use "swimmers."
- boats - Watercraft generally smaller and less seaworthy than ships and generally not designed to cross large open waters.
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- figures - Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- French - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of France, or in general to cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in western Europe.
- seascapes and water scenes
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Plate Dimensions: 19.125 x 23.75 in. (48.578 x 60.325 cm)
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Old Master Era and Related Prints" and [Object]Display Artist is "Jean Joseph Balechou".View current selection of records as: