- Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- A collective term referring to live animals, particularly bovine animals, held as property or reared to serve as meat, or sources of milk, skin, wool, etc.
- Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- Structures with apertures designed to allow water to spout or flow periodically or continuously, as for amenity or public access.
- Refers to the cultures, periods, and styles of the modern nation of Germany, or the cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in central Europe. More broadly, it can refer to the cultures of the ancient groups of related peoples who inhabited central and northern Europe, and who spoke dialects from which the Germanic or Teutonic languages developed.
- Those who guard, tend, or keep domestic animals which go in herds, particularly cattle.
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 7.25 x 8.625 in. (18.415 x 21.908 cm)
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/161499 |title=Divers Sujets d'apres Les Desseins de Monsr. Dietrich |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=1/23/2022 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 1 of 1
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Old Master Era and Related Prints" and [Object]Display Artist is "Johann Christian Klengel".