English (active ca 1765 - 1852) Primary
English (ca 1608 - 1672) Primary
British (1752 - 1845, London) Primary
British (ca 1770 - 1827) Secondary
11 7/16 in. x 8 11/16 in. (29 cm x 22 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- politicians - Refers to people who are actively involved in politics, particularly party politics, or, more specifically, to people who hold or seek political office.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- Image Dimensions: 11 7/16 x 8 11/16 in. (29 x 22 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Old Master Era and Related Prints" and [Object]Display Artist is "John Landseer".View current selection of records as: