- Refers to the culture of the modern nation of France, or in general to cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in western Europe.
- Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- Prints made using the mezzotint process, in which the surface of the plate is methodically roughened with a rocker to produce a dark background; areas may then be lightened using various scrapers.
- Refers to those deeply versed in philosophy, especially those who create or develop views or theories on philosophical questions.
- Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 9 13/16 x 7 5/16 in. (25 x 18.5 cm)
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: