French (1768 - 1822) Primary
Italian (ca. 1488 - 1576) Secondary
Cardinal Hippolyte MediciLate 18th century - early 19th century
9.938 x 7.875 in. (25.241 x 20.003 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- cardinals - Ecclesiastical officials of the Roman Catholic Church who constitute the Pope's council, or the Sacred College, and who retain the right of electing future popes.
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- French - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of France, or in general to cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in western Europe.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- Sheet Dimensions: 9.938 x 7.875 in. (25.241 x 20.003 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Old Master Era and Related Prints" and [Object]Display Artist is "Pierre Audouin".View current selection of records as: