- Individual instances of armed conflict between two or more groups.
- Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Italy, or in general to cultures that have occupied the boot-shaped Italian peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Refers generally to the body of warships under the control of a ruler, state, or nation. Modern usage aggregates a regularly organized seagoing force including ships, personnel, and equipment. Modern navies may comprise a variety of attack, supply, and repair vessels, naval bases and ports, and large administrative and maintenance organizations.
- Watercraft generally larger and more seaworthy than boats, usually propelled by sails or engines.
Click an image to view a larger version
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: