(active ) Primary
Peter Paul Rubens, Painter of Pictures18th century
10 3/4 in. x 6 15/16 in. (27.3 cm x 17.6 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- artists - People who produce work in the visual arts. For those in the performing arts, see "performing artists."
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- Sheet Dimensions: 10 3/4 x 6 15/16 in. (27.3 x 17.6 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Old Master Era and Related Prints" and [Object]Culture-Nationality is "European".View current selection of records as: