- Refers to works characterized by a pattern or design executed in stitches using thread or fine wire. The designs are typically executed on textiles, but leather, paper, or another media may also be used; the designs may be intended to be framed, or to decorate apparel, bed linens, furniture coverings, pillows, altar cloths, ceremonial hangings, or other items.
- Trimming consisting of long or short lengths of straight or twisted thread, cord, or tassel; often grouped or knotted in various designs.
- Of or belonging to the nation of Peru or its people.
- General term for carpets, fabrics, costume, or other works made of textile materials, which are natural or synthetic fibers created by weaving, felting, knotting, twining, or otherwise processing. For works of art or high craft that employ textile as a medium, prefer "textile art (visual works)."
- Simple slip-on garments made with or without sleeves and usually knee-length or longer and belted at the waist; especially those worn by men and women of ancient Greece and Rome. Also, garments extending from the neckline to the waist or longer, usually high-necked and worn over other garments.
Click an image to view a larger version
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: