Mace and Helen Katz Neufeld Collection
|Showing 1 of 1||
unknown Sierra Leonean
Figure19th century - 20th century
20 1/4 in. x 7 7/8 in. x 4 3/4 in. (51.5 cm x 20 cm x 12 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- African - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Mande - Style and culture of the African people of the same name living in the countries of Mali, Burkina Fasso, Côte d'Ivoire, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Gambia, Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, and Senegal.
- Sierra Leonean - Style and culture of the nation of Sierra Leone.
- West African - Styles and cultures from the region comprising the westernmost area of the African continent, defined by the United Nations as including the modern nations of Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo.
- Highlights from the Mace and Helen Katz Neufeld Donation of African Art Bryn Mawr College , Sep 1, 1998 – Dec 1, 1998
Owner Name: Mace Neufeld and Helen Katz Neufeld, Class of 1953
Place: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, US
Ownership End Date: 12/07/1996
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
Important Tribal Art
New York, NY, 1989
Figure Number: 21
- "African Heritage Document and Research Center." (Accessed June 11, 2020): AHDRC.eu. Record No.: 0182440.
The following Comparanda exist for this object:
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Mace and Helen Katz Neufeld Collection" and [Object]Display Artist is "Unknown Sierra Leonean".View current selection of records as: