Mace and Helen Katz Neufeld Collection
|Showing 1 of 1||
10 1/2 x 7.5 x 1 in. (26.67 x 19.05 x 2.54 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- armlets - Ornamental bands or circlets worn on the upper arm. Use "bracelets (jewelry)" for similar articles worn on the lower arm.
- cowrie shell - Shell of any of numerous marine gastropod mollusks of a family widely distributed in warm seas; beautifully polished, often brightly colored, and much used for ornament or as money.
- Huon Gulf - Describes the culture and style of the inhabitants of the Huon Gulf. Huon Gulf is well known for its woodcarvers who produce oval bowls in the shape of eagles and boxfish, and square and double bowls. Certain native art forms have been in serious decline or are no longer in existence.
- Melanesian - Describes the culture and style of the inhabitants of the Melanesian Islands. Melanesians are well known for creating sculptures utilizing a vast range of media, their traditional communal architecture, and body arts.
- African and Pacific Art from the Neufeld Collection Bryn Mawr College , Apr 28, 1993 – Jun 1, 1993
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Mace and Helen Katz Neufeld Collection" and [Object]Culture-Nationality is "Huon Gulf People, Melanesian, Oceania".View current selection of records as: