Mace and Helen Katz Neufeld Collection
|Showing 1 of 1||
Headdress19th century - 20th century
Carved, incised, painted, and burned wood with raffia
15 1/4 in. (38.74 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 99.3.110
Other Number(s): 89 (183) (Neufeld Collection Number)
183 (Sotheby's Lot Number)
Geography: Africa, Cameroon
Classification: Ceremonial and Performance Artifacts
Culture/Nationality: Tikar, Cameroonian, West African, African
Collection: Neufeld Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- African - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Cameroonian - Style and culture of the nation of Cameroon, lying at the junction of western and central Africa.
- Central African - Styles and cultures from a wide region of Africa that straddles the Equator and is drained largely by the Congo River system.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Exhibition ListThis object was included in the following exhibitions:
- African Images, Western Imageries: Collecting and Recollecting African Bryn Mawr College , Sep 26, 1999 – Jun 15, 2000
Owner Name: Mace Neufeld and Helen Katz Neufeld, Class of 1953
Place: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, US
Ownership End Date: 12/20/1996
Bibliography ListThe following Bibliography exist for this object:
Important Tribal Art
New York, NY, 1989
Figure Number: 183
- "African Heritage Document and Research Center." (Accessed June 11, 2020): AHDRC.eu. Record No.: 0011122.
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Mace and Helen Katz Neufeld Collection" and [Object]Culture-Nationality is "Tikar, Cameroonian, West African, African".View current selection of records as: