BirdProbably mid-19th century
10 5/16 in. x 15 1/4 in. (26.19 cm x 38.74 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1949.3.b
Geography: Asia, Japan
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Woodcuts
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- Aves - The class of vertebrate animals that are typically bipedal and warm-blooded, lay large-yolked hardshelled eggs, often arboreal, and possessing feathers, hollow bones, forelimbs adapted for flight (although some have lost the ability to fly) and hindlimbs for perching and locomotion, a four-chambered heart, keen vision, a horny beak without teeth, and a large muscular stomach. Birds arose from theropod dinosaurs, which were an order of carnivorous dinosaurs.
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- woodcuts - Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Sheet Dimensions: 10 5/16 x 15 1/4 in. (26.194 x 38.735 cm)
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Asian Prints" and [Object]Century is "19th century" and [Object]Display Artist is "Unknown Artist".View current selection of records as: