- Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- Woodcuts that incorporate color, usually through combining a series of blocks in precise registration that have been inked with individual hues and pressed onto one support.
- Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- Refers to Japanese prints or other works depicting famous places.
- Japanese woodblock prints, made from 1915 to ca. 1950, and characterized by a romantic or nostalgic tone.
- Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
Click an image to view a larger version
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/162220 |title=Evening Snow at Terashima Village (Yuki ni kure no Terashima mura), from the series Twelve Scenes of Tokyo (Tôkyô jûnidai) |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=1/29/2022 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 3 of 6
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Asian Prints" and [Object]Display Artist is "Kawase Hasui".