- Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- People in the earliest developmental stage of life.
- Woodcuts that incorporate color, usually through combining a series of blocks in precise registration that have been inked with individual hues and pressed onto one support.
- Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- Refers to female human beings from birth through adolescence.
- Children in the earliest stage of their lives, before being able to walk.
- Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
Click an image to view a larger version
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/165683 |title=A Woman Carrying a Baby with a Girl Carrying a Dog |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=11/27/2021 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 8 of 10
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Asian Prints" and [Object]Display Artist is "Unknown Artist" and [Object]Century is ".