Japanese (1786 - 1864) Primary
Aizan in a Chase Scene with Boat1847-1852
14 1/4 in. x 19 3/4 in. (36.2 cm x 50.17 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2007.9.6
Geography: Asia, Japan
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Woodcuts
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- actors - Persons who use movement, gesture, facial expressions, speaking, and intonation to create a fictional character for the stage, motion pictures, or television.
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- boats - Watercraft generally smaller and less seaworthy than ships and generally not designed to cross large open waters.
- cleavers - Sharp, broad-bladed and often short-handled knives used for cutting large pieces of meat into joints or roasts.
- cleavers - Prehistoric biface stone tools, usually u-shaped, large and oblong, with transverse cutting edges. Thought to be used for heavy digging, the slaughter of animals, skinning game, and bone breaking.
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- precipitation - Any form of water that falls on the earth's surface.
- woodcuts - Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Diptych Dimensions: 14 1/4 x 19 3/4 in. (36.195 x 50.165 cm)
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Asian Prints".View current selection of records as: