- Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Trimming, furnishing, adorning, or covering textiles or objects with beads, or creating jewelry by stringing beads.
- Nationality, styles, and culture of the people of the nation of the République centrafricaine.
- Styles and cultures from a wide region of Africa that straddles the Equator and is drained largely by the Congo River system.
- Nationality, styles, and cultures of the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Describes works created by the African people of the same name living in the central Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Articles of jewelry designed to be suspended, such as from a necklace, brooch, or earrings. Examples include Renaissance pendants fastened to the sleeve and articles of devotional, magical, or mourning jewelry concealed under clothing.
Click an image to view a larger version
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
Honoring the Past, Inspiring the Future: Black History Month at Bryn Mawr College
Bryn Mawr College
, 2/15/2013 - 3/29/2013
Owner Name: Mace Neufeld and Helen Katz Neufeld, Class of 1953
Place: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, US
Ownership End Date: 12/20/1996
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/145807 |title=Yet Royal Belt Pendant in Form of Miniature Mask |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=10/22/2021 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 1 of 1
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Yet Royal Belt Pendant in Form of Miniature Mask".