|Showing 1 of 1||
4 9/16 x 4 1/16 x 11/16 in. (11.6 x 10.3 x 1.7 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- bas-reliefs - Refers to sculpture executed in relatively shallow relief.
- disks - Thin, flat, circular objects of any material.
- egg-shaped - Havng the form or outline of an egg, that is of an oval with only one with axis of symmetry.
- fragments - Portions of objects that are torn, broken off from, or dislocated from their original whole.
- incising - The process and technique of producing, forming, or tracing a pattern, text, or other usually linear motif by cutting, carving, or engraving.
- lids - Covers for the opening at the top of a vessel or other receptacle, or which close the mouth of an aperture; lids may be detached or turned upon a hinge in order to give access to the interior.
- scrolling foliage - Refers to running or allover patterns in which stems and leaves coil, spiral, and branch out into further curves and spirals. For individual motifs consisting of scrolls with foliate forms, use "leaf scrolls."
- seashell - The exoskeleton of salt-water mollusks, often used for jewelry or decorative objects.
- stone - General term for rock that has been cut, shaped, crushed, or otherwise formed for use in construction or other purposes. Includes the specific archaeological and anthropological sense of individual stones which may be decorated or ornamented and which may be used in ritual contexts. These are usually not carved or dressed, and so differ from sculptures made from stone.
- wave pattern - Decorative pattern consisting of wavy lines or other series of generally wavelike forms. For the specific running patterns of successive, connected spirals, use "wave scrolls."
- (Height) Dimensions: 4 9/16 x 4 1/16 x 11/16 in. (11.589 x 10.319 x 1.746 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Fragment".View current selection of records as: