|Showing 1 of 1||
Agostino Veneziano (akaAgostino de' Musi)
Italian (ca. 1490 - after 1536) Primary
Italian (1475 - 1564) Secondary
12 13/16 in. x 17 1/4 in. (32.5 cm x 43.8 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- bathers - People washing themselves with water, or immersed in water. For people actively propelling themselves through the water by natural means, use "swimmers."
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- history and legend
- Italian - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Italy, or in general to cultures that have occupied the boot-shaped Italian peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea.
- soldiers - Generally refers to those belonging to an army, whether that of a sovereign state, a faction or division within a sovereign state, or of an individual leader. Specifically refers to military personnel of enlisted rank, as distinguished from commissioned officers. For those trained for or engaged in the physical combat of warfare and sanctioned in that function by the society or group for which they fight, irrespective of actual membership in an army, see "warriors."
- townscapes - Creative works that depict settlements that may be considered towns or villages. For creative works depicting settlements that may be considered cities, use "cityscapes." For images that seem more documentary than creative, prefer "views." To designate the actual built forms of towns or cities as perceived visually and aesthetically, use "townscapes (built environment)."
- Divine (Re)Productions: Italian Printmaking in the Sixteenth Century, from the Bryn Mawr College's Collections Bryn Mawr College , Mar 21, 2001 – Apr 4, 2001
- Master Prints & Drawings from the Drexel-Van Pelt Collection Bryn Mawr College , Nov 10, 1995 – Dec 3, 1995
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "The Climbers".View current selection of records as: