The Christian Virtues: Prudence
|Showing 1 of 1||
Ugo da Carpi
Italian (active ca.1480 - after 1525)
Italian (Mantua, 1558 - 1629, Mantua) Primary
Perino del Vaga
Italian (1501 - 1547)
The Christian Virtues: PrudenceLate 15th century - early 16th century
5 3/4 in. x 3 15/16 in. (14.61 cm x 10 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- chiaroscuro woodcuts - Color woodblock prints in which two blocks are printed one on top of the other, one being a flat tonal block with limited chromatic range and a line block printed last. Early scholars distinguished two-block from multi-block prints by calling them "camaïeu," that is, the ‘monochrome method,’ distinguishing them from "chiaroscuro woodblocks," though current usage does not make this distinction.
- Italian - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Italy, or in general to cultures that have occupied the boot-shaped Italian peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea.
- personification - Artistic device that consists of attributing and granting human characteristics to an abstract quality, animal, or inanimate object.
- prints - Pictorial works produced by transferring images by means of a matrix such as a plate, block, or screen, using any of various printing processes. When emphasizing the individual printed image, use "impressions." Avoid the controversial expression "original prints," except in reference to discussions of the expression's use. If prints are neither "reproductive prints" nor "popular prints," use the simple term "prints." With regard to photographs, prefer "photographic prints"; for types of reproductions of technical drawings and documents, see terms found under "reprographic copies."
- religion and mythology
- Mirrors and Masks: Reflections and Constructions of the Self Bryn Mawr College , Mar 23, 2017 – Jun 4, 2017
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
and Steven Z. Levine.
Mirrors & Masks.
Bryn Mawr College.
Bryn Mawr, PA, March, 2017
Page Number: 26, Figure Number: Plate 3
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "The Christian Virtues: Prudence".View current selection of records as: