Girl with Muff
|Showing 1 of 1||
Girl with Muff1857
Watercolor on paper
13.313 x 9.875 in. (33.814 x 25.083 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: JNE.682
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Paintings; Watercolors and Gouaches
Collection: John N. Estabrook Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- girls - Refers to female human beings from birth through adolescence.
- lithographs - Prints made using the process of lithography, which is a planographic printing process in which a design is deposited on the stone or plate with a greasy substance which will accept ink.
- snow - Frozen precipitation in the form of white or translucent hexagonal ice crystals that fall in soft, white flakes.
- townscapes - Creative works that depict settlements that may be considered towns or villages. For creative works depicting settlements that may be considered cities, use "cityscapes." For images that seem more documentary than creative, prefer "views." To designate the actual built forms of towns or cities as perceived visually and aesthetically, use "townscapes (built environment)."
- watercolors - Refers to two-dimensional works of art, usually on a paper support, to which pigment suspended in water is applied with a brush to create an image or design. Includes paintings using gouache, which is not technically watercolor paint. Watercolors are variously classified as drawings or paintings in collections.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Sheet Dimensions: 13.313 x 9.875 in. (33.814 x 25.083 cm)
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Girl with Muff".View current selection of records as: