- Structures spanning and providing passage over waterways, topographic depressions, transportation routes, or similar circulation barriers.
- Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- Prints made using the process of lithography, which is a planographic printing process in which a design is deposited on the stone or plate with a greasy substance which will accept ink.
- Frozen precipitation in the form of white or translucent hexagonal ice crystals that fall in soft, white flakes.
- The apparent descent of the sun below the horizon, signaling the closing of the day.
- Refers to two-dimensional works of art, usually on a paper support, to which pigment suspended in water is applied with a brush to create an image or design. Includes paintings using gouache, which is not technically watercolor paint. Watercolors are variously classified as drawings or paintings in collections.
- Usually the coldest season of the year, occurring between autumn and spring.
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 4 7/8 x 6 7/8 in. (12.383 x 17.463 cm)
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/167626 |title=Female Figure Seated in Chair by River with Bridge Observing Sunset |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=11/27/2021 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 1 of 1
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Female Figure Seated in Chair by River with Bridge Observing Sunset".