Dripping Well, Hastings
|Showing 1 of 1||
British (1804 - 1867) Primary
Dripping Well, HastingsEarly 19th century to mid 19th century
Plate printed oil colors
5 in. x 6 5/8 in. (12.7 cm x 16.83 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1962.188
Geography: Europe, England
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints
Collection: Harrington-Bishop Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- lovers - People who are in love or who have sexual intercourse.
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- oil paint - A paint made by grinding pigments with a drying oil such as linseed oil. After 1940 alkyd binders were often added to oil paint to provide faster drying times.
- plates - Illustrations that are printed separately from the text they accompany, often on different paper; may be bound in with the text, tipped in, loose in a pocket, or bound in a separate volume.
- printing - Various means of reproducing identical copies of graphic matter in a fixed form. Processes by which an image, pictorial or textual, is transferred, usually to paper or cloth, most often by means of a plate, block, stone, or screen. Use also for the making of photographic prints and, with computers, for the production of a paper copy of stored data. For the production of prints in a fine arts context, prefer "printmaking."
- riverbanks - The land margins of rivers.
- waterfalls - Perpendicular or very steep descents of the water of a stream. May be used for artificial waterfalls only if highly naturalistic in form and context; otherwise prefer "cascades" or "fountains."
- women - Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Sheet Dimensions: 5 x 6 5/8 in. (12.7 x 16.828 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Dripping Well, Hastings".View current selection of records as: