Vestigii del Mausoleo d'Augusto
|Showing 1 of 1||
Marcus Christoph Sadeler
Flemish (1614 - after 1650) Primary
Vestigii del Mausoleo d'Augustoca. 1630 - after 1650
6.5 x 10 3/4 in. (16.51 x 27.3 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2009.17.11
Geography: Europe, Belgium
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
Collection: Lucy Shoe Meritt Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- cities - Distinctions among villages, towns, and cities are relative and vary according to their individual regional contexts. Generally, cities designate large or important communities with population, status, and internal complexity greater than most towns in the region.
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- Flemish - Refers to the culture of the southern Netherlands, roughly corresponding to modern Belgium, Luxembourg, and part of France, particularly during the historical period when Flanders was an independent principality.
- mausoleums - Edifices erected as commemorative burial places, often but not exclusively limited to large, stately, or imposing edifices for or by a person of distinction. The word is derived from the burial place of Mausolus, ruler of Caria, in whose memory his widow Artemisia raised a splendid tomb at Halicarnassus (ca. 350 BCE).
- ruins - The remains of buildings or groups of buildings that have been destroyed or are in a state of great disrepair or decay.
- Plate Dimensions: 6.5 x 10 3/4 in. (16.51 x 27.3 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Vestigii del Mausoleo d'Augusto".View current selection of records as: