The Knight's Cloister by the Duero
|Showing 1 of 1||
Edith H. Lowber
American (1878 - 1934) Primary
The Knight's Cloister by the Duero1919 - 1920
9 5/8 in. x 6 1/8 in. (24.45 cm x 15.56 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- cloisters - Enclosed spaces composed of a garth and surrounding walkways, which are generally arcaded on the courtyard side and walled on the other; usually found in Christian religious building complexes. Use for such features in secular buildings only when closely resembling the prototype.
- courtyards - Uncovered areas, surrounded or partially surrounded by the walls of a building. A clear space enclosed by walls or surrounded by buildings.
- gelatin silver prints - Refers to photographic prints having gelatin as the binder, holding silver as the final image material; always black-and-white, though they may be toned to a monochrome hue.
- horseshoe arches - Arches in which the curves are carried below the springing line so that the opening at the bottom of the arch is less than its greatest span.
- Spanish - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Spain, or in general to the cultures that developed on the Iberian Peninsula in southwestern Europe.
- Image Dimensions: 9 5/8 x 6 1/8 in. (24.448 x 15.558 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Object is "The Knight's Cloister by the Duero".View current selection of records as: