|Showing 1 of 1||
Edith H. Lowber
American (1878 - 1934) Primary
Ploughing1919 - 1920
Gelatin silver print
6 5/8 in. x 8 in. (16.83 cm x 20.32 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2009.23.66
Geography: Europe, Spain (Castile)
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Photographs; Gelatin Silver Prints
Collection: M. Carey Thomas Collection
This object has the following keywords:
American*, Animalia*, cattle*, farmers*, gelatin silver prints*, genre, landscapes, oxen*, pastoral*, plows*, Spanish*
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- cattle - A collective term referring to live animals, particularly bovine animals, held as property or reared to serve as meat, or sources of milk, skin, wool, etc.
- farmers - Those who cultivate land or crops or raise livestock as their main occupation, whether for livlihood or for sustenance.
- gelatin silver prints - Refers to photographic prints having gelatin as the binder, holding silver as the final image material; always black-and-white, though they may be toned to a monochrome hue.
- oxen - Castrated adult male cattle, typically used as draft animals.
- pastoral - Genre that depicts or evokes idyllic life in the country; in works of pictorial art, often scenes of shepherds and shepherdesses in idealized arcadian landscapes.
- plows - Agricultural tools used for cutting, lifting, turning over, and partly pulverizing the soil, especially in the preparation of a seedbed.
- Spanish - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Spain, or in general to the cultures that developed on the Iberian Peninsula in southwestern Europe.
- Image Dimensions: 6 5/8 x 8 in. (16.828 x 20.32 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Ploughing".View current selection of records as: