|Showing 1 of 1||
Louis Le Coeur
French (Late 18th c. - Early 19th c.) Primary
French (1746 - 1816) Primary
MontesquieuLate 18th century
9 13/16 in. x 7 5/16 in. (25 cm x 18.5 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2009.24.17
Geography: Europe, France
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Mezzotints
This object has the following keywords:
- French - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of France, or in general to cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in western Europe.
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- mezzotints - Prints made using the mezzotint process, in which the surface of the plate is methodically roughened with a rocker to produce a dark background; areas may then be lightened using various scrapers.
- philosophers - Refers to those deeply versed in philosophy, especially those who create or develop views or theories on philosophical questions.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- Sheet Dimensions: 9 13/16 x 7 5/16 in. (25 x 18.5 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Montesquieu".View current selection of records as: