|Showing 1 of 1||
Sébah & Joaillier
Turkish (1888 - 1952) Primary
7 3/4 in. x 10 9/16 in. (19.69 cm x 26.83 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- gelatin silver prints - Refers to photographic prints having gelatin as the binder, holding silver as the final image material; always black-and-white, though they may be toned to a monochrome hue.
- interior - Existing or situated within the limiting surface or boundary of something. An example is the portion of a building within the walls and under the roof, as opposed to those parts in contact with the outdoors.
- Turkish - Refers to the culture and styles of the Turks, who comprise various ethnic groups that historically lived a nomadic life on the vast Eurasian steppe and spoke Turkic languages, or Turkey, which is a nation in Asia Minor and southeastern Europe, having coastlines on the Aegean, Black, and Mediterranean seas.
- Turkish baths - Buildings in which bathers pass through a succession of steam rooms of increasing temperature followed by spaces for rubdowns and massages. For Islamic public baths, use "hammams."
- Double Take: Selected Views from the Photography Collection at Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr College , Sep 27, 2011 – Dec 22, 2011
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
Bryn Mawr College.
Bryn Mawr, PA, 2011
Page Number: 16
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Eski Hamam".View current selection of records as: