|Showing 1 of 1||
Basket Weavers1997 - 2017
Collage, Cardboard, Paper, Glue
13 x 17.75 in. (33.02 x 45.085 cm)
Gift of Marianne Weldon
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2017.19.1
Geography: Africa, Kenya
Classification: Ceremonial and Performance Artifacts; Ritual Objects
Culture/Nationality: Kenyan, East African, African
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- basketmaking - Process of creating containers made of twigs, rushes, thin strips of wood, or other flexible material woven together.
- collage - Refers to the technique of making compositions in two dimensions or very low relief by gluing paper, fabrics, photographs, or other materials onto a flat surface. If heavy three-dimensional objects dominate, see "assemblage (sculpture technique)." If the constituent fragments form a somewhat unified image, see "montage."
- East African - Styles and cultures of the eastern area of Africa including Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda, that together with the Horn of Africa (Somalia, Djibouti, Eritrea, and Ethiopia) make up Eastern Africa.
- Kenyan - Style and culture of Kenya.
- recycling - Recovery and reuse of materials and energy from waste.
- works on paper - Use collectively to bring together works of art in which paper is the support, only when terms such as "drawings" or "prints" are not appropriate.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Mat Dimensions: 13 x 17.75 in. (33.02 x 45.085 cm)
Related Bibliography ListThe following Related Bibliography exist for this object:
- "Buford's Art Gallery: Steve Mbatia Biography." (Accessed April 13, 2020): https://www.bufordskenya.com/product-category/contemporary-art/steve-mbatia/.
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Basket Weavers".View current selection of records as: