Carved Sculpture of a Bird of Prey and a Fish
|Showing 1 of 1||
Carved Sculpture of a Bird of Prey and a Fish20th century
1.75 x 2.25 x 1 in. (4.445 x 5.715 x 2.54 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Arctic - In the context of art and culture, the culture of the indigenous peoples of the northern polar region of the earth, including the Arctic Ocean and the northernmost parts of Asia, Europe, and North America. The term may also refer to the animals, plants, climate, geology, geography, and oceanography of the area.
- carvings - Refers to works executed by cutting a figure or design out of a solid material such as stone or wood. It typically refers to works that are relatively small in size, are part of a larger work, or are not considered art. For large and medium-sized three-dimensional works of art, use the broader term "sculpture" or another appropriate term.
- fish - General term referring to animals from several evolutionary lines and thus not properly a taxonomic group. The term refers to aquatic animals found in the fresh and salt waters all over the world, characterized by being cold-blooded, living and breathing primarily in the water throughout their lives, possessing gill slits, a notochord or skeletal supporting rod, a dorsal hollow nerve cord, a tail, scales covering the body, and two sets of paired fins and several unpaired fins. Living species range from the primitive jawless lampreys and hagfishes through the jawed fishes with cartilaginous skeletons such as sharks, skates, and rays to the abundant and diverse bony fishes.
- North American - Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- walrus ivory - Material comprising the dentin of walrus tusks.
- Object Dimensions: 1.75 x 2.25 x 1 in. (4.445 x 5.715 x 2.54 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Carved Sculpture of a Bird of Prey and a Fish".View current selection of records as: