Sevres Porcelain Wall Sconce with Scene of Youth Calling upon a Young LadyPossibly 19th century
15 x 10.25 in. (38.1 x 26.035 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- candle brackets - Supports for candles which attach to a wall; the supporting arm may be jointed or rigid.
- flower - General term for any decorative motif in the form of a flower, which is the showy reproductive part of flowering plants or angiosperms. Common examples are motifs resembling roses, tulips, lilies, or daisies.
- genre pictures - Pictorial representations, which may be in various media, having as subject matter scenes or events from everyday life, familiar objects, or ordinary custom or incident that do not belong to any other class of painting such as history, portrait, animal, landscape, marine, fruit and flower, or still life, but which may incidentally exhibit elements of any of those.
- gilding - Process involving the surface application of gold or another metal in the form of leaf, powder applied directly to the surface, powder mixed with a binder, electroplating, or other forms to approximate the effect of solid or inlaid metal.
- porcelain - Ceramic ware made of the material porcelain, which is white kaolin and a feldspathic rock that react when fired to form a natural glass. In China, porcelain ware includes all highly fired ware that produces a ringing sound when struck. In Europe, it is limited to hard-fired ceramic ware that is translucent.
- sconces - Lighting devices designed to hang on a wall having one or more candle sockets or lamp holders; often ornamental and frequently incorporating a reflector.
- Image Dimensions: 15 x 10.25 in. (38.1 x 26.035 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BAJYN" and [Object]Country of Creation is "France".View current selection of records as: