Red Slip Burnished Rim and Handle SherdIron Age
2000 BCE - 1200 BCE
2 5/8 x 4 11/16 x 1 7/16 in. (6.7 x 11.9 x 3.7 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Anatolian - Refers to the culture and styles that developed in antiquity in the geographical area of modern Turkey.
- handles - Those portions of, or attachments to, objects that are designed to be grasped by the hand.
- Middle Iron Age - Refers to a phase of Iron Age culture marked by technological and social developments, including carburized iron or steel.
- Red Burnished - Refers to the pottery style found in Persia around 6000 BCE. The style is characterized by pottery tempered with straw that is covered with a red and often highly polished slip.
- rim sherds - Fragments of a ceramic or glass vessel from just below the rim.
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BATTP" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Artifact Remnants" and [Object]Period/Era/Dynasty is "Iron Age".View current selection of records as: