- Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Cutting weapons consisting basically of a relatively heavy, flat blade fixed to a handle, wielded by either striking or throwing. For axes used for other purposes, typically having narrower blades, use "axes (tools)."
- Styles and cultures from a wide region of Africa that straddles the Equator and is drained largely by the Congo River system.
- Axes, often stylized in form or elaborately ornamented, used in ceremonial contexts as symbols or manifestations of social position, power, wealth, or other qualities of status such as divinity or specialized knowledge in the realm of religion and ritual.
- Nationality, styles, and cultures of the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo.