|Showing 1 of 1||
Bracelet19th century - 20th century
3 1/4 in. (diameter) (8.26 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- African - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- bracelets - Ornamental bands or circlets worn on the lower arm. Use "armlets" for similar articles worn on the upper arm.
- brasswork - Visual works made of the metal alloy brass, particularly sculptures, containers, and other decorative or utilitarian objects.
- Ivorian - Style and culture of the Ivory Coast.
- jewelry - Ornaments such as bracelets, necklaces, and rings, of precious or semiprecious materials worn or carried on the person for adornment; also includes similar articles worn or carried for devotional or mourning purposes.
- West African - Styles and cultures from the region comprising the westernmost area of the African continent, defined by the United Nations as including the modern nations of Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo.
- Backtalk: Exposures, Erasures, and Elisions of the Bryn Mawr College African Art Collection Bryn Mawr College , Feb 5, 2015 – Jun 1, 2015
- African Art from the Collection of Margaret Feurer Plass '17 Bryn Mawr College , May 19, 1990 – Oct 1, 1992
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
Frisk & Borodin Appraisers,
Inventory and Appraisement Belonging to the Estate of Margaret Barton Plass, Deceased. 7 March 1990
Bryn Mawr College Special Collections.
Bryn Mawr, PA, 1990
Page Number: 2, Figure Number: 38
The following Comparanda exist for this object:
- "African Heritage Document and Research Center." (Accessed June 11, 2020): AHDRC.eu. Record No.: 0063477.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BAYFY" and [Object]Century is "19th century, 20th century" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Adornments".View current selection of records as: