|Showing 1 of 1||
Peach Water DropperChoson
3 1/2 in. x 2 3/4 in. (diameter) (8.89 cm x 6.99 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- Korean - Culture and style of peoples from the East Asian peninsula of Korea.
- porcelain - A material comprising white clay, or "kaolin," and a feldspathic rock, that react when fired so the clay serves to hold the shape of the object and the rock fuses into a natural glass. In China, it includes any such ware that is highly fired enough to produce a ringing sound when struck. In Europe, it is limited to hard-fired ceramic that is translucent.
- tools - Objects, especially those hand-held, for performing or facilitating mechanical operations.
- Yi - Period and culture of the Korean dynasty that ruled the Korean peninsula from 1392 to 1910, founded by Yi Sŏng-gye, posthumously known as King T’aejo (reiged 1392-1398). It is characterized by the establishment of Neo-Confucianism as the official ideology, encouragement of a modest and practical lifestyle, and abandonment of patronage for more extravagant art.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BBZZT" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Arts and Crafts Tools".View current selection of records as: