1392 - 1910
1/4 in. x 2 1/4 in. (diameter) (0.64 cm x 5.72 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- bronzes - Collectively, the class of sculptures, containers, or other objects executed in bronze, especially artifacts or works considered to be art. When possible, use the material term "bronze (metal)" plus a more specific object name, such as "bronze" + "figurines" or "bronze" + "bowl."
- Korean - Culture and style of peoples from the East Asian peninsula of Korea.
- miniature - Use to describe objects and beings of a reduced size or scale compared to the average or normal range for its kind.
- Yi - Period and culture of the Korean dynasty that ruled the Korean peninsula from 1392 to 1910, founded by Yi Sŏng-gye, posthumously known as King T’aejo (reiged 1392-1398). It is characterized by the establishment of Neo-Confucianism as the official ideology, encouragement of a modest and practical lifestyle, and abandonment of patronage for more extravagant art.
- A Curious Group; a cabinet of curiosities Bryn Mawr College , Apr 4, 2014 – Jun 30, 2014
Owner Name: Helen Burwell Chapin, Class of 1914, AB 1915
Place: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, USA
Acquisition Method: Unknown
Disposal Method: Donation to Bryn Mawr College
Ownership Start Date: Unknown
Ownership End Date: 1950
Owner Name: Bryn Mawr College
Place: Sotheby's Auction House, New York, New York
Acquisition Method: Donation to Bryn Mawr College
Disposal Method: Not Sold, Still in College Collection
Ownership Start Date: 1950
Remarks: In the May 30, 1990 Sotheby's Sale of Chinese Works of Art, Sale Number 6028. This object did not sell.
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
and Nathanael Roesch.
A Curious Group.
Bryn Mawr College.
Bryn Mawr, PA, April 4–June 1, 2014
Figure Number: Metal 1
Fine Chinese Ceramics and Works of Art
New York, New York, 1990
Figure Number: 107
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BBZZT" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Toilet Articles".View current selection of records as: