24 13/16 in. (63 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- bodhisattvas - Superhuman beings of infinite wisdom and compassion; Buddhist saints who, having only one birth to undergo before attaining Nirvana, consent to be reborn for the sake of suffering mankind. In Mahayana Buddhism, the spiritual ideal. In Theravada Buddhism, the term is exclusively used to identify historical Buddhas in their previous lives.
- Korean - Culture and style of peoples from the East Asian peninsula of Korea.
- rubbings - Images made by placing a material such as paper or cloth over a relief, or an incised or textured surface, and rubbing with a pigment in order to transfer the image.
- scroll paintings - Refers to paintings having a long, narrow scroll format. Term is often used in the context of Chinese and Japanese paintings on either hanging scrolls (kakemono, if Japanese) or on handscrolls (emakimono, if Japanese). For written documents on long, rolled strips, see "scrolls (information artifacts)."
- scrolls - Long strips of flexible material used for written documents and rolled for ease of handling and storage. For paintings on either hanging scrolls or handscrolls, use "scroll paintings."
- sculpture - Three-dimensional works of art in which images and forms are produced in relief, in intaglio, or in the round. The term refers particularly to art works created by carving or engraving a hard material, by molding or casting a malleable material (which usually then hardens), or by assembling parts to create a three-dimensional object. It is typically used to refer to large or medium-sized objects made of stone, wood, bronze, or another metal. Small objects are typically referred to as "carvings" or another appropriate term. "Sculpture" refers to works that represent tangible beings, objects, or groups of objects, or are abstract works that have defined edges and boundaries and can be measured. As three-dimensional works become more diffused in space or time, or less tangible, use appropriate specific terms, such as "mail art" or "environmental art."
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BBZZT" and [Object]Country of Creation is "South Korea" and [Object]Display Artist is ".View current selection of records as: