6 3/8 in. (diameter) (16.19 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 75.46
Geography: Asia, North Korea or South Korea
Classification: Unclassifiable Artifacts; Artifact Remnants; Sherds
Collection: Helen B. Chapin '15 Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- bowls - Rounded, cuplike, hollow parts of objects, such as the body of a stemmed vessel or the part of a pipe in which tobacco is burned.
- bowls - Rounded vessels that are generally wider than they are high, usually hemispherical or nearly so. A bowl may have a spreading base or foot ring and sometimes two handles or a cover. Distinguished from a cup, which is rather deep than wide.
- ceramic - Refers to any of various hard, brittle, heat-resistant and corrosion-resistant materials made by shaping and then firing a nonmetallic mineral, such as clay, at a high temperature.
- fragments - Portions of objects that are torn, broken off from, or dislocated from their original whole.
- Korean - Culture and style of peoples from the East Asian peninsula of Korea.
- vessels - Containers designed to serve as receptacles for a liquid or other substance, usually those of circular section and made of some durable material; especially containers of this nature in domestic use, employed in connection with the preparation or serving of food or drink, and usually of a size suitable for carrying by hand.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BBZZT" and [Object]Display Artist is ".View current selection of records as: