5th century - 6th century
Diameter at rim
2 3/4 in. x 3 1/4 in. (diameter) (6.99 cm x 8.26 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 47.141
Geography: Asia, North Korea or South Korea
Classification: Containers and Vessels; Vessels; Bowls
Collection: Helen B. Chapin '15 Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- bowls - Rounded, cuplike, hollow parts of objects, such as the body of a stemmed vessel or the part of a pipe in which tobacco is burned.
- bowls - Rounded vessels that are generally wider than they are high, usually hemispherical or nearly so. A bowl may have a spreading base or foot ring and sometimes two handles or a cover. Distinguished from a cup, which is rather deep than wide.
- Korean - Culture and style of peoples from the East Asian peninsula of Korea.
- stoneware - A type of pottery midway between earthenware and porcelain being made of clay and a fusible stone. It is fired to a point where partial vitrification renders it impervious to liquids, but, unlike porcelain, it is very seldom more than faintly translucent. The vitrification makes it unnecessary to add a glaze, but for reasons of utility and appearance decorative glazes are sometimes used, such as salt glaze and lead glaze.
- vessels - Containers designed to serve as receptacles for a liquid or other substance, usually those of circular section and made of some durable material; especially containers of this nature in domestic use, employed in connection with the preparation or serving of food or drink, and usually of a size suitable for carrying by hand.
- Diameter at rim Dimensions: 2 3/4 x 3 1/4 in. (6.985 x 8.255 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BBZZT" and [Object]Period/Era/Dynasty is "Silla".View current selection of records as: