Early-Middle Cypriote Body SherdEarly Cypriote III-Middle Cypriote I
2000 BCE-1800 BCE (?)
3 1/16 in. x 2 3/16 in. x 11/16 in. (7.7 cm x 5.5 cm x 1.7 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Cypriote periods - Periods related to Cypriote cultures.
- Cypriote pottery styles - Pottery styles belonging to Cypriote cultures.
- Early Cypriote - Refers to the period from about 2300 to 1900 BCE on the island of Cyprus. The art of the period is characterized by flat painted or incised terracotta figurines, vessels with scenes of daily life modeled around their outer rims, and the dominance of red-polished pottery.
- Middle Cypriote - Refers to the period from about 1900 to 1600 BCE on the island of Cyprus. The art of the period is characterized by a continuation of Early Cypriote styles including red-polished pottery and the production of flat painted or incised terracotta figurines some with modeled legs and arms.
- sherds - Limited to fragments of pottery or glass.
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BCJBR".View current selection of records as: